Five Simple, Easy-To-Follow, and Effective Health Tips For Dogs
September 18, 2016
Are you a dog owner looking for health tips for dogs? Do you want to know how you can keep your dog healthy, active, and happy for a long time? If so, make sure you read this article in its entirety. In this article, I am going to share with you five important tips that every dog owner must be aware of. Now that I have your attention, let us get started with the article.
1. Feed your dog high quality diet. We suggest either a commercially available raw diet (available from pet stores) that is marked “This food has been proven to be nutritionally complete or adequate for all life stages”, or a high quality commercial food that is labeled human grade food canned food or as a second choice, human grade dry food. We prefer canned, since it has higher moisture content, which helps to encourage urination and urinary tract infection. If you purchase a commercial food, make sure that it is AAFCO certified, which means that it meets industry standards.
2. Always make sure your dog has clean water to drink. If you feed your family filtered water, than do the same for your dog. Impurities can have the same negative effect on canine health.
3. Play with your dog as often as you can. Take it for a long walk, make it climb stairs, make it fetch a ball, make it fetch the newspaper, and do whatever you can to make sure it gets adequate physical exercise. Regular exercise can strengthen your dog’s limbs, increase its metabolic rate, improve circulation, and boost its immune system. It also prevents stress and keeps your dog happy. This is one of the important health tips for dogs that you need to be aware of.
4. Avoid exposing your dog to pesticides, herbicides, air fresheners, tobacco smoke, and weed killers as these substances can be extremely harmful to its health. So, keep your environment clean and make sure your dog stays away from such substances.
5. Giving a small dose of antioxidant health supplements every day is one of the best ways to keep dogs healthy. You can choose a high quality supplement that contains powerful herbs like milk thistle, mistletoe, huang qi, and cat’s claw. These substances can eliminate the toxins from your dog’s body, destroy harmful free radicals, strengthen its vital organs, and boost its immune system. For best results, you should make the supplement a part of your dog’s everyday diet.
These health tips for dogs are easy to understand, easy to follow, and incredibly effective. By following these tips, you can improve your dog’s health and ensure it lives a long, happy, and active life.