Infections are caused by bacteria and viruses. These bacteria have limited resistance to heat. Most of them tend to strive well in cold environment, so it is not shocking when we realize that we are more likely to get affected by fever during the cold months of the winter. Care should be taken in scrutinizing what we touch, eat, and wear. If we do not follow these winter health tips, we will find ourselves constantly falling sick during winter.
The winter is dreaded by the majority of parents because this period is accompanied by several allergies and sicknesses in their children. Many diseases are causes by the viruses that survive only at low temperatures. The virus has to live its full circle and die; sometimes the situation can be helped with an increase in temperature to help get rid of the virus. For example a running nose is caused by a virus that strives at low temperatures. That explains why the winter period has so many mothers complaining of their children suffering from constant running nose.
The question that every parent seeks an answer to is how to survive the winter without falling prey to common cold, flu, fever and other similar diseases. This article will be presenting you with winter health tip that will equip you with the necessary information and help to keep your family healthy throughout this winter.
1. Take a balance diet; vegetables should be an important addition to your diet and if possible ensure that you take fruits every day of the year. This will go a very long way in equipping your immune system with the necessary things it needs to fight diseases. For snacks avoid the usual junks and stick to dry food. Steam your soup properly to ensure that no bacteria are hidden in it. Include carbohydrates in your diet as they will give you the strength you require. Examples of carbohydrate you can add is brown rice, bread, porridge etc.
2. Herbal teas should be taken both in the day and in the night. Spices like garlic, onion, ginger and pepper should be included in your diet as they are believed to offer warmth to the body.
3. Keep your body hydrated; this is one of the most important winter health tips that will keep you safe throughout the entire freezing period. This can be achieved via the intake of water and soup, take them both in the morning, midday and evenings.
4. Keep exercising daily. This is another way to keep your body warm.
5. When stressed up, take hot shower to calm down and relax your body and mind.
With the tips above, you can be certain that the chances of contacting those diseases this winter will be reduced. If you seek a healthy winter, stick to the winter health tips.